Homeland; My Red Line
Homeland; My Red Line
When I see others betray their homeland so recklessly, I am left stunned and fall into a deep silence.
Because I am ready to sacrifice my life for my country. To me, homeland is not merely a border on a map or a name in history books.
My homeland is the land where I was born; the birthplace of my mother and my ancestors. It is the place from which the people dearest to me came, and where a part of my identity was shaped.
I love my mother more than my own life; and the land where she was born holds a respect for me that cannot be described in words.
That is why homeland is not just a simple word to me. My homeland is my honor and dignity; it is my red line.
People can openly speak about what they do not accept and what they believe is wrong. But they cannot shake hands with someone who intends to harm their homeland.
How can someone betray the soil in which a part of their very existence has taken root? Anyone who sells the country where the memories of generations have flowed is, without a doubt, devoid of humanity.
Because true patriotism is like the love for a mother, to whom a person's life is deeply bound.
If one day I were forced to choose between my life and betraying my homeland, I would not hesitate. I would give my life, but I would never betray my homeland.
Because a person dies only once; but the betrayal of generations remains attached to their name. And I do not want my name to be associated with those who, in a moment of weakness, greed, anger, or personal gain, forgot and sold their homeland. Because my homeland is sacred to me.
And for me, there are certain things in life that are non-negotiable. My homeland is one of them.
Therefore, my homeland is my red line.
Author: Gouya Roshan — All Rights Reserved.

Comments
Post a Comment